Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brave Little Girl

Our Hannah is so brave! Or should I save dare-devil?

I caught her trying to stand on her head while standing on the COUCH. Oh my. Actually, I think she was trying to do a forward roll. Maybe we should try a gymnastics class?

On Saturday she fell and hit her teeth... after a trip to Kosair Children's ER (she is fine) we feel a little "broken in" to the parenting emergencies (first trip to the ER!).

How it all started:
Once she finally went down the big tube slide at the playplace in Chick-fil-A there has been no going back!
Two weeks ago, we went to an indoor children's play gym with lots of big toys and a huge tube/play system with big slide. All the other little girls (and boys) her age were not even interested in looking at the "big kid" play area, but Hannah insisted on going up with all the big kids and sliding down that huge slide! Now there is a downside, Hannah has short legs! Poor little gal she can barely climb the stepping blocks to get to the top of the huge slides/tubes, but she is persistent.
Today we went to the park and Hannah ran right up to the play equipment and went down the big curly slide all by herself. I usually try and "catch" her because she comes down super fast. One of the times she didn't wait for me and I was tending to Andrew. She came sliding down the slide... SIDEWAYS and kaboom off the edge of the slide into the mulch. She looked very shocked that she had hit the ground, or maybe that it wasn't as soft to land into as Mommy's arms. I thought she might not want to do the slide again, but once I cleaned her off (she does not like dirty hands or clothes!) she was up on the top of the slide again.
I know Hannah and Andrew are going to have the best of times together once Andrew can walk!

0 Comments:

SwagBucks

Search & Win