Thursday, October 11, 2012

Organizing Tips


Organize your hall closet / bathroom closet with shoebox bins.  Label each bin to be able to locate everything easily.  (these are about half of the bins I have, the medicine ones are on higher shelves out of little arms reach)

Bin categories are:

  • Shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • Q-tips & Cotton balls
  • Heating pack
  • Dental Supplies
  • Hair products
  • Travel Size Items
  • Baby Toiletries
  • Children's Toiletries
  • Batteries
  • Vitamins
  • Paid Medicines
  • Creams & Ointments
  • Cold Medicines
  • Light Bulbs
  • Tools (small basic ones for easy access)
  • Extra Candles



Jewelry Storage:

This wasn't the original idea I had for jewelry storage, but this idea is working great for me right now.  I repurposed an old cork board and covered in with a piece of fabric (this happens to be part of a table cloth!) that matched my room decor.  I added brown ribbon to edge it out.  I inserted push pins where needed to arrange my jewelry at various heights so it would not get tangled with each other.  You could also do a mini one for bracelet storage too.


Shoes/Entrance:

I could give you lots of examples of what I really would want our entrance way/mud room to look like. BUT where we are in the house we are in we do not have a mud room, we have a small space by the front door.  I lined the wall space with a long row of hooks (as many fit!) and we hang coats, jackets, purses, diaper bags, etc on the hooks.  This Ikea storage bin sits below.  It is sturdy enough to sit on, but you can also use it for a flat storage of something fast as you come in the door.  In the bins we keep my boys shoes.  (For right now the white bin in the middle also houses the Mega Blocks, but that is a different story!)  Once winter comes I will swap out bins and have that middle space for hats, scarves, and gloves.


Laundry help: (maybe!)  got (single) socks?
Yep!  I do!  More than half of my socks have divorced each other.  It's crazy.  If I am really desperate, I wear mismatched socks.  It is really that bad!
So here is my storage solution for holding said deserted socks until their mate has been restored.

 I LOVE ThirtyOne.  I'm linking my friend's site just because.  But if you have a friend who sells it you can go to them for advise!  But I love this Littles Carry All!  It can be used for many things.  I had "got socks?" embroidered on here and keep this in my hall closet.  Any socks that have lost their mate go into this bin until the matching mate is found, or I decide to pitch it.  But I love this storage caddy for extra socks.  :)  Wonderful!



Any great tips you want to share with me? 

0 Comments:

SwagBucks

Search & Win