Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pet Peeve

Okay so when Hannah has been sick I haven't taken her to church and put her in the nursery because I didn't want her to pass along her germs to any of the other babies...
Well, today I went to pick up Hannah from her class and there was a Dad there (dropping off his baby) telling the nursery worker about how the child was sick and the flem she was coughing up and it was okay just to collect it in a napkin and toss it away. Then he asked the worker if she had any children. She said no and he said, "Well this will be good practice for you taking care of a sick baby."
I could not believe it! They looked over at me and gave me a strange look. I must have been staring with my mouth wide open. I did all I could to restrain myself from fussing at them. I was just super glad that I was picking Hannah up and she was only spending a minute in the same room with the sick child of the inconsiderate parents.
Whew! Hannah starting coughing some today... I hope she is not getting sick again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that! At our church, we don't accept sick babies at the nursery. It sounds harsh, but it's not fair to get other babies sick.

Anonymous said...

At our church we don't take sick babies either. BUT last month when we worked in the nursery, there was a boy that was sick and all 3 of us got sick. It sux. Parents need to be more considerate.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! =)
I know the nursery worker must have been shocked with the parents. You are just speachless you don't say anything...

SwagBucks

Search & Win