Wednesday, August 02, 2006

9 Weeks

It has taken me a long time to have time to sit and write more for the website. Josh and I had a very busy weekend. My Dad and his friend came for a visit and we ran all over town doing this and that. It was really good to see my Dad and visit with him.
As an update on me, I am doing alright. The doctor visit went great on Thursday. The ultrasound lady went into great detail explaining things around our baby. The placenta is forming nicely and at 12 weeks will take over feeding the baby. We could see the little heart beating, the spine forming, little arm and leg buds growing. So cute! Our little baby is only about an inch to an inch and a half long, but already has so many changes going on in his/her little body. I go to the doctor again on Thursday. We will not have an ultrasound, but the doctor said she will bring the dopler in and we can LISTEN to the heartbeat. This will be the first time we will get to HEAR. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. There is a chance that everything will be fine, but the dolper won't be able to detect the heartbeat because the heartbeat will be too faint. If this is the case I hope the doctor will order an ultrasound to assure us everything is fine and healthy with the pregnancy.
Please continue to pray that our baby will grow healthy and strong and the heartbeat would keep beating away. Love to you all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your visit went well with your Dad, I know you are excited to go on vacation this weekend, please be very careful but have a great time together! I am praying for a good visit tomorrow at the doctors, I told Joshua to call us before you leave for your trip, love you all very much! mom & dad

Anonymous said...

That sound is the best ever! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Viv. I got to hear Owen's heartbeat twice and I cried.

Anonymous said...

news sounds great.hope you have a good vacation for a few days.i love you 3 very much.grandma dot

SwagBucks

Search & Win