Monday, February 12, 2007

37 Weeks

I hit my 37 week mark today. I am now at full term and really the only reason she is staying in me is to get bigger. Everything is fully developed and she is ready to function as a human in this world. Saturday I had TONS of contractions, which disappeared right around 8pm. Then Sunday I went mall walking to try and keep the process going. I really thought this weekend would be "it" for me. I had a peace that I would get to meet Hannah, and when I woke up this morning I hit a low. It hadn't happened. I tried to call the doctor again to see if there were any appointments for this week my 37 week checkup and still nothing. I talked to one of the nurses on the help line and she informed me that no one is induced until 39 weeks. I know this really isn't true because of stories I have heard, but I cannot talk to a doctor about my hopes/desires until I can get an appointment! It is really frustrating. As of Sunday Josh and I gave up our Sunday School class for maternity leave. Josh will also take a few months off from playing in the band at church too. I have given up my desk to the new girl (who after 4 days of training is doing awesome) and don't feel like I even need to be there. It is all under control at work. I would just be in the way. I just don't know what I am going to do for 2 weeks sitting at home. PLEASE GOD CAN YOU LET ME GIVE BIRTH TO HANNAH THIS WEEK!!
Please pray for Hannah that labor and contractions would not cause too much stress on her. That she would be born a healthy and beautiful baby girl. Also, for me and my mental state. I have waited so long for this time to come and feel like time has all stopped.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to be so anxious to meet your little one. :-)
It'll happen!
Enjoy every minute of this and the birth! Time flies! :-)

SwagBucks

Search & Win